RIP, Emile Francis. On the latest episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker, we honored “The Cat” and what he meant to the Rangers franchise.
Former Ranger Pete Stemkowski left a heartwarming voicemail for the show on what made Francis so special. Larry Brooks looks back at his memories with the former Rangers player, coach and GM and why he was so instrumental to the rise of the Blueshirts in the ’60s. Former Rangers goalie and Team USA hockey GM John Vanbiesbrouck also joined us to talk Igor Shesterkin, goaltending, putting together the USA hockey team on short notice and evaluating their performance in Beijing.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Mollie & Jake:
- RIP EMILE FRANCIS: Ron shares his memories and his teammates’ memories of Francis and why he was essential to the Rangers.
- LINEUP CHANGES: Mollie believes Greg McKegg has been given enough chances. Morgan Barron deserves to get more playing time.
- CHYTIL TRADE?: Could the Rangers look to trade Filip Chytil? Should the Rangers hold on to Patrik Nemeth?
- PETE STEMKOWSKI HONORS “THE CAT”: The former Rangers center leaves us a heartwarming message about his time playing for “The Cat” and why his biggest regret is not winning a title with the Rangers for him.
Larry Brooks Interview:
The Post’s Hall of Fame hockey columnist
- EMILE FRANCIS MEMORIES: Looking back to how important he was to the Rangers and why the Rangers franchise is not the same without him.
- MORGAN BARRON: Needs to get more playing time to see what you have in him.
- CAL CLUTTERBUCK: Should the Rangers make a trade for him?
John Vanbiesbrouck Interview:
Former Rangers goalie, Team USA Hockey GM
- TEAM USA HOCKEY: Putting the team together at the last minute when the NHL announced their players would not be playing in the 2022 Olympics. Reacting to how they played out there.
- IGOR: Evaluating what makes Shesterkin such a great goalie.
- HIS TIME IN NY: Looking back to his many years as the Rangers goaltender and why he looks back fondly on his time in NY.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursdays during the regular season.