OFFICERS are searching Brian Laundrie’s home and removed his parents as they declared it a “crime scene.” Cops were seen swarm
OFFICERS are searching Brian Laundrie’s home and removed his parents as they declared it a “crime scene.”
Cops were seen swarming the Laundrie family’s home on Monday morning.
It comes after human remains were discovered in Grand Teton National Park, where 22-year-old Gabby Petito had been camping with Laundrie when she disappeared.
The vlogger had been traveling across America since July and was last seen on August 24 leaving a Utah hotel with her fiancé.
They visited national parks and tourist attractions, documenting their trip on social media, before she went missing.
On September 1, Laundrie returned home to Florida in their white van, without Petito.
Following the unusual circumstances, Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, reported her daughter missing on September 11 at around 6.55pm.
Cops found the couple’s Ford Transit van in North Port, Florida, during the weekend of September 11 – when Gabby’s parents reported her disappearance.
Most read in News
Gabby Petito update – Body found in Wyoming is believed to missing YouTuber
Drunk mother drags girl 300ft behind car after she tried to stop her driving
Gabby’s fiancé seen reading Annihilation book about women going missing
WHERE IS HE?
Search is OFF for Gabby’s fiancé who may be hiding in alligator-infested swamp
Cops fear Gabby Petito’s fiancé 'shot himself in head' as search continues
Body found in Wyoming is believed to be missing Gabby Petito
Laundrie returned to the state and hired an attorney, but went missing after he was named a person of interest.
Read our Gabby Petito live blog for the very latest news and updates…
According to his Instagram bio, he is a “nature enthusiast,” and his most recent pictures are from his cross-country travels.
His Instagram account also indicates that he is an artist as he has multiple pictures posted related to printmaking art.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a hotel in Utah. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie set off on a cross-country trip across the US.
- July 4 – Gabby posts photos of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself at the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves at Utah’s Zion National Park.
- August 12 – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no significant injuries were reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian post a video on their YouTube channel chronicling their trip. The video receives more than 200,000 views.
- August 24 – Gabby is last spotted leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- September 1 – Brian returns home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11 – Gabby’s parents report her missing to Suffolk County police.
- September 15 – Florida’s North Port police announce Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah police release body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s parents say they have not seen their son in a couple of days.
- September 18 – Police announce they were searching Carlton Reserve in Florida for Brian. Police announce they have not found anything.
- September 19 – Authorities in Wyoming say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces the body was believed to be Gabby’s but a full forensic identification needs to be completed first to confirm.
More to follow…
For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.
The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS.